In his statement on 5 April, the Prime Minister confirmed that from Monday 12 April, England will move to step 2 of its roadmap. You can see the updates to guidance on (COVID-19) Coronavirus restrictions: what you can and cannot do (England) here.
COVID-19 restrictions that will be eased from 12 April include:
- Self-contained accommodation will be able to open for overnight stays in England for people with their household or support bubble
- Non-essential retail will be able to reopen
- Outdoor hospitality venues will be able to reopen, with table service only
- Most outdoor attractions including zoos, theme parks, and drive-in performances (such as cinemas and concerts) will be able to reopen
- Some smaller outdoor events such as fetes and fairgrounds will be able to take place.