VisitBritain/VisitEngland is inviting businesses to: “Be part of our domestic marketing campaign – Escape the Everyday and Escape the Everyday… responsibly – for a chance to highlight your business to consumers”.
What are the advantages for businesses?
- Be part of a movement to keep UK short breaks top of mind for when people can travel again
- Opportunity to be part of a multi-million pound domestic marketing campaign
- A chance to highlight your business to consumers with the potential to feature in digital, social media and PR channels.
The aim is toinspire consumers to travel and enjoy the country’s amazing tourism offer for the year ahead, and/or keep Britain top of mind for when visitors are unable to travel.
As tourism begins to open up across England in line with Step 2 of the Government roadmap, they are encouraging responsible travel that makes a positive impact on local communities. They wish to land the following key messages for responsible travel:
- Plan and book ahead. If your plans change, remember to cancel in good time so your table/accommodation doesn’t go to waste.
- Respect, protect and enjoy nature and the great outdoors.
- Avoid tourist hotspots and check out England’s hidden gems instead.
- Be kind to staff and locals, and support local independent businesses where you can.
- Follow social distancing rules, wash your hands regularly and wear face coverings where necessary.
- Look out for the We’re Good to Go mark – it shows businesses that are operating in line with government COVID guidance.
Click here to read more about the ways to get involved and download resources.