With half term over and the tourism industry going through a fast-changing and challenging period, the organisers have asked the NCC to highlight to members that the Tourism Awards are once again open for entry across the South East and South West. This includes the county schemes for Dorset, Devon, Bristol, Bath and Somerset and Cornwall and there are a number of award categories, including Camping & Holiday Park of the Year.
Only a handful of organisations continued with the awards last year. The organisers of the SE and SW Tourism Awards say that they were very glad they did – albeit with many changes: “The feedback we had from entrants was enough to draw tears, with one email stating ‘the news of our being a finalist was the first chink of sunlight after months in the dark‘. It was so good to be able to make a positive difference to so many.” Away Resorts and Hoburne were among the NCC members who won accolades in 2020-21.
This year’s Awards see some changes to the past with:
- An extended period of opening until the end of August to enable businesses to reopen and have visitor experiences to report
- The addition of a new Resilience and Innovation category
- Judging changes to take account of the last year and new areas of best practice
- Reconnection to the national VisitEngland Awards.
The schemes now open for entry are:
- SOUTH EAST / BEAUTIFUL SOUTH (covering Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Sussex, Kent, Surrey, Berks, Bucks and Oxfordshire) www.beautifulsouthawards.co.uk
- SOUTH WEST (including Wiltshire and Gloucestershire) www.southwesttourismawards.org.uk
- BRISTOL, BATH AND SOMERSET www.somersettourismawards.org.uk
- CORNWALL AND ISLES OF SCILLY www.cornwalltourismawards.org.uk
- DEVON www.devontourismawards.org.uk
- DORSET www.dorsettourismawards.org.uk
The home pages of all of the above websites provide the information that businesses need in order to take part. Entry is FREE across the South West, and free to members of Tourism South East and specific sectors in the South East. Judging is independent and all entrants receive free feedback.
Don’t forget to let the NCC know if you are successful, so that it can be reported in Parks Business.
Relevant social media to follow:
TWITTER: @swtourismawards and @BStourismawards