The guidance for test and trace requirements has been updated for businesses that are allowed to open. Points of note in the guidance are:
- Staff at a venue should check customers phone screens to ensure they have successfully checked in.
- You do not need to ask for contact details for people whose visit is for the sole purpose of making a delivery or collection by supplies or contractors, including food or physical goods.
- You do not need to ask for contact details for those under the age of 16.
- If someone does not have the mental capacity to provide their contact details, hospitality venues should not refuse entry.
- Businesses will not be in breach of the requirements if they have reason to believe someone can’t provide the details for disability reasons and don’t ask for them as a result.
Hospitality venues should not deny entry to homeless people who are unable to provide a contact number or email address.