VisitBritain is inviting tourism businesses to be part of their Escape The Everyday at Home consumer marketing campaign, which is running in response to the current lockdown in England.
VisitBritain explains what participants get, namely to:
- Be part of a collective message to shine a spotlight on England businesses turning their offers virtual during this time
- Be part of a movement to keep UK short breaks top of mind for when people can travel again
- Potential opportunity to feature on its consumer website, social media and PR channels.
What is it?
The objective remains to keep short breaks top of mind for when people can travel again and where possible, encourage consumers to support local business during lockdown through activities that bring value to UK industry.
Sitting under the campaign umbrella, Escape the Everyday at Home will bring owned and earned channel content together across three key themes:
- Seasonal Fun – England tourism businesses offering virtual experiences or planning events post-lockdown
- Local Flavour – England food and drink producers offering local takeaway, “at home” food and drink experiences
- Learn More – England tourism businesses offering opportunities to learn new skills at home (e.g. local distillery offering gin making kits)
The content during the current lockdown will place the spotlight on local producers and makers.
How can you get involved?